Thursday, November 13, 2008

THE FLU

Today we went to get Emily's flu shot. I was going to do the flu mist but then I found out it was $74.00. I told Emily I was sorry but she was going to have to do the shot for $38.00. I hated having to put her through the whole shot thing but I didn't really have a choice.

I reminded Emily of a few months ago when I had to go to the doctor every week to get my blood drawn to check my HCG levels (usually she went with me). I asked her if she remembered mommy getting all those "boo boos" and she said yes. I said, mommy didn't cry did she? She said no. I explained to her that she was a big girl like her mommy and therefore when she got her shot she shouldn't cry. She acted like she knew what I was talking but I figured it wouldn't matter once she got the shot.

We got in the room and nurse came in. I put Emily on the table and held her little arms as the nurse gave her the shot in her leg. Emily looked into my eyes the whole time. She didn't even frown. Not a tear. I grabbed her up and gave her the biggest hug and told her I was so proud of her for being such a big girl like mommy. She just smiled. I made such a big deal about it. I told her we had to call everyone and tell them that Emily didn't cry. She said, "it no hurt, I no cry." It was so sweet! I was just so proud of her! I mean really, you know your child is growing up when she gets a shot and doesn't cry. What mom wouldn't be excited about that?

No comments: