Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas has come and gone



Sorry for the delay but as you can imagine, the last few weeks have been crazy. This year Emily had so much fun during the holidays but she is so worn out. I know she can't wait to get back on schedule, poor thing hasn't had a real nap in forever!

Emily finally realized that Santa is a good guy and he gave her the Red Bear she asked for. Now I can hang the whole, you better be nice thing over her head! All in all Christmas was great! Emily got a little kitchen, a red bear, books, apron and a few little things from SANTA. She also got 2 mickey mouses (that I love) a mickey robe, wallet, and scarf from her Uncle Kevin! He always did give great gifts! She got a chalk board, golf clubs, plastic food she can cut, a lot of books, cookie cutters, clothes, a new cash register, a doll bed, and so much more from the family. One of Emily's favorite gifts was a kitten from her Papa! Now the question is what do I do with everything!

I finished taking down the Christmas stuff today. I don't know what it is but I look so forward to putting everything up but as soon as Christmas night comes, I am ready to take it all down. I dread it so much I guess that I am just ready to do it and get it over with. Also, since we are moving in the next few weeks, I am ready to get the house to normal so we can put it on the market. So much to do and so little time!

Anyway, Christmas is over but it was great! I love being with everyone during the holidays, and I love the whole reason for the season. I was so happy that this year Emily understood everything. We worked on the nativity sets that we had out. This year she was actually able to pick out Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. It is so sweet when she says their names. It is amazing how last year at this time she couldn't say much and now she is saying everything. Where does the time go?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, here are a few pictures from our Christmas!









2 comments:

Alli said...

Great pictures of your family, Michelle. It's so sweet to see you all together. Loved your wedding photos too. You've been blessed by God with a terrific talent. :)

Jenn said...

Michelle, these are great pictures! You did such a good job with the family pic. I love how Emily and Sam are holding hands. So cute!