Thursday, July 10, 2008

Baby Teeth


Emily amazes me daily but yesterday was so funny, I am still laughing about it. I bought her this baby that grows teeth. If you have a kid you probably have seen them. They come with a bottle and pacifier and teething ring. I should have saved it for her birthday which is in 2 weeks but who could wait, right? I too wanted to see it work!

She loved it, of course. When you put the pacifier in the baby's mouth it starts to cry (because it is teething) and when you take it out, up pops two bottom teeth! Being the parent you can make the teeth go back in with a button on the back of the doll...which of course only the adults know about and can get to. Emily didn't say anything about the baby's teeth, I was sure she saw them but she didn't make a big deal about it like I thought she would. She just kept feeding the baby and soothing it. When the baby would cry Emily would give it the bottle or teething ring and rock it back and forth.. (like I do her) It was so sweet.

I was interested to see what she would do when the teeth actually disappeared. So I played a little joke on her! Wonderful mom I know! Hopefully you can picture this. The teeth were up, and Emily was holding the baby and rocking it by moving her body back and forth. She put the bottle in and as soon as she took it out....I pushed the magic button and POOF went the teeth. With a quick reaction she pulled the doll back from her looked at it and looked at me and said, "momma teeth, teeth"! Her eyes were as big as lemons and when she wasn't asking where the teeth were, her jaw was resting on her feet. I laughed so hard. She kept putting her hand in the air like she was saying I don't know what just happened and well she didn't!

Poor thing! She knows her teeth don't come and go, why did the baby's and how? I laughed so hard. It's times like this I am grateful I am at home with her. I see her grow every day in a new way. It is a hard job, staying at home, with no paycheck but you can't get back the memories.

1 comment:

The Hollis Family said...

Jenna got that same doll for her birthday; I was as fascinated with the thing as she was- Cute story!