Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Bird House

Today Emily painted a bird house. Emily's dad made a bird house out of Popsicle sticks, I tried but I won't show you those pictures.
A few days ago I painted the bird house white to get it ready for Emily to paint. I thought it would be a great way for us to work on our colors and have fun at the same time.

If you know my daughter, she doesn't like to get dirty so at first she was really careful but then after I put paint on me and showed her how it came off, she was okay with getting it on her. She actually made a mess.
She is so proud of her Bird House. She didn't like to paint the sides just the top she picked the colors she wanted and used all the brushes. She liked holding the small ones but I think she soon realized the big ones do better.
We are waiting on the bird house to dry and then we will take a photo of it hanging on the front porch. I told her we would put it there. Right now it is on the front steps. She keeps going to check on it. She is growing up so fast!
I wonder what is going on in her little head. There is so much to learn every day, so much to do. How does she do it? She amazes me everyday.

No comments: