Sunday, July 20, 2008

We're back



We are back from the Beach. It was so much fun. It amazes me how each year is different but now with Emily each year is really different. She looked at the pool in a new way, the arcade, the ocean, but not the sand. She still doesn't like playing in the sand like other kids do. She doesn't like to get it on her. She still loves the golf cart, what kid doesn't. She had so much fun. What was so sweet though was the last night. I had been busy every night selling jewelry...I did very well by the way. But at night I didn't get to really be with Emily because I was "working" the only one working on our vacation! So I devoted the last night to Emily and Andrew. We road the golf cart and watched fireworks. She would just pull me to her and kiss me.. it was like she was saying, mom this is wonderful, I have missed. She would pull Andrew toward her with one arm and use the other arm to pull me to her and then kiss us both. It is times like that your heart just melts and you thank God over and over. It was a wonderful night. Andrew and I walked on the beach with Emily, for the first time that week, and Emily and I found a really big shell. It was great. Thank God for vacations, family, our children, and our memories.


We also went fishing in the Inlet. My dad, Andrew and I. Not to brag but I caught the biggest fish and the most. I was so scared at first. I kept thinking of all the sharks in the water and I could see the jelly fish floating around. But once I caught the first fish, a really big one, there wasn't much you could do to stop me. Russell was our Captain. He was young and really nice to me. He always took the fish off for us and put the bait on. He gave my dad and Andrew a hard time because I was catching everything. I kept catching sting rays too. They are really weird looking up close and they put up some kind of fight when you catch them. What was the most fascinating thing to me was the big Red fish I caught. It was actually the first fish I caught and the first one for the day and the biggest. The thing about these fish that is so off the wall is they change sexes during their life. They are born males and then turn into women. Funny ugh? They don't even have to have surgery for it. The one I caught was 24 inches long and in order to keep them it has to be 23 inches so we had to throw it back. I don't know why we couldn't have just cut the tail off a little...LOL We got a good picture though! Russell is holding the fish for me. Do you know that most all fish in the ocean big or small have teeth? Razor sharp teeth too. I wasn't about to hold it!

Many memories were made this past week but another big event is about to happen. My little girl will be 2 in one week. So this trip was her big trip before her birthday. She is my everything. She was my baby but now she is my little girl!


2 comments:

Ben said...

It is amazing how much changes in a year. We are truly blessed with our "babies"!

The Hollis Family said...

She is so precious, absolutley beautiful!