Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Best Friend

I use to love to write poems but I haven't in many years. Tonight as I laid in bed this one came to me. I am so lucky for all I have. It amazes me how everything that happens to us during our life really does have a meaning. You learn from it and grow from it. No matter how hard some times are, I know they have to happen, I know someone is behind it all. It is so hard to admit at the time but when you look back...you see the complete picture.

I am so thankful for my husband. I give him such a hard time but he is my best friend. He puts up with a lot, if you know me, you know that. But I couldn't make it without him. He truely is a great man. My man...my baby's daddy!

For all those who broke my heart
I am grateful we grew apart
All the tears I use to cry
To all that pain I say goodbye
You taught me how to love and how to hate
You taught me what to give and what to take
I'm glad you were in my life
Thanks to you I am a mother and a wife
I have the best man by my side
It is with him I will one day die
If my heart would not have been broken
there is no telling where I would be
So as I thank you tonight
I know you are out there somewhere thanking me!
Thank you

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hi Michelle,
I found your blog through Jenn's. Your daughter is a beauty and I enjoyed seeing what you were up to these days!
Amber Johnson Byars