Monday, July 28, 2008

Check out my shirt

So now I can explain why I haven't written much in the last two weeks. There has been a lot on my mind. I wanted so bad to write but I knew I would tell and well I didn't want to until I confirmed everything today. So here goes...

Today was a big day. Emily turned 2 and she also found out she was going to be a BIG SISTER. I had already told her but told her I wasn't sure yet. I went to the doctor today and confirmed that I am pregnant. After 6 home test you would think I was sure but I wanted to hear it from the expert. It just so happened that the day of my appointment was the day of Emily's 2nd birthday. So on her 2nd birthday we found out that Baby #2 was cooking in the oven...so to speak! It was confirmed today I am 5 weeks pregnant and my due date is March 31st...would die if he or she is born on April 1st! That would just not be right after me second guessing myself all the time.

It is amazing how fast I got pregnant this time around which makes me really scared and still unsure about it all. I know I want another baby...this is the last one...I know my body is changing...I know I have been sick some...My clothes already aren't fitting right (I know big already..what?) but is it all real? I actually woke up a few nights ago to go to the bathroom (of course) and I thought all those 6 test I took was something I did in my dreams...really in my dreams, but it was real! I am so excited!

I have so much to do! If you know me, I don't wait til the last minute to do anything so I have had everything planned out before Emily even made it into the world. So I know what I have to do for the 2nd child, just got to start doing it. Of course my husband is the man that didn't put the car seat in the car for Emily until the day we headed home from the hospital, so I have to put fire under him which takes a lot of fuel on my end! I just can't wait to get started.

I keep wondering why me. Why did God bless me so many times. I feel like I haven't done enough to deserve all his glory. I mean; I met Andrew and we got married...blessing #1, then I realized what wonderful parents I had (I never knew until I got married, what a shame)...blessing #2, then came Emily...#3, then I got to stay at home with Emily..blessing #4, then now I am pregnant...blessing #5. Let us not forget about all the little ones in between nor my health or the health of my loved ones. What did I do to deserve all of this? DO you ever wonder that? I know we should just accept it and not ask questions but I really haven't been the best person in the world but he still is giving me so much. What a wonderful God.

Thank you God!

2 comments:

Ben said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations! I know Emily will be a great big sister! I hope you get to feeling better.

Chrissy said...

Congratulations!! Love the shirt. I bet Emily is excited.