Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Babies in the Water

2 days ago Emily started her first class...Water Babies. I was amazed by all the kids there. Emily only has 8 in her class but there were other classes going on at the same time and needless to say, Emily wants to know what everyone else is doing. The day two she actually got tears in her eyes because she wanted to hurry and get in the water.



She didn't do as good as I thought. She will blow bubbles into the bath but not the pool. Doesn't make since:) She doesn't like laying on her back but will on her belly. In fact after the first night we came home and got in the bath and for the first time ever she tried to lay down belly first in the tub. She is so silly.

Last night was the big night to me. We had the option to dunk her under the water. Most parents let the instructor do it but I just let Andrew do it. She cried. I know she was scared but in a few minutes she didn't even remember what had happened.

I hate doing all of this but I know it is for her own good. There was a child there that was about 5 years old and they were dunking him under the water. He was screaming like you wouldn't believe. I felt sorry for the instructor as I know he had scratches all over him. I am sure this young boy had never been in the water before, at least that is how he acted. At least by doing this class maybe Emily will never be scared of the water. Hopefully she will be able to swim in the next few years to come:0 They grow so fast.

No comments: