Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sleep, Sleep, Sleep

As my child takes her nap, I take mine. I know I am only 32 and I feel as if I am in my 60s sometime. It wasn't long ago that I was up all hours of the night and still didn't sleep during the day but now for some reason my body and mind want to rest.
The doctor did blood work about 6 weeks ago and everything came back okay. I am grateful but why am I so sleepy some days? It comes and goes. Once or twice a week my day will be normal. I will get up in the morning and be able to go all day without sleeping. Sometimes during the week I can even go a night or two without much sleep, just as I have all my life. Then it hits me, I can bareley hold my head up until my daughter's nap. As soon as I lay her down, down I go. What's going on? Why is it that sometimes I can't sleep at all and other times I can't stay awake?
Maybe my mind and body are trying to catch up from years or days of no sleep or maybe I am just getting old. Ugh, old. That scares me. I always thought I would be active and running around in my 30s but instead I just want to sleep. Speaking of...good night.

No comments: