Friday, June 6, 2008

Mother Daughter Bond

Yesterday Emily was sick and still is today. For the first time in 22 months she has a fever and doesn't feel good at all. What do you do? It is amazing to me how as a mother you just know, but you don't really know.

No I don't know what is wrong with her but I seem to know her pain. I know why she is crying, why she just isn't the same as before. For you with kids, don't you find yourself understanding their cries? There is such a bond with her. I never really had one with my mom, maybe I did when I was young, but I can't remember one. I am just like my dad, so of course there is a bond there. I know his thoughts, his take on things, I can tell when he isn't feeling good, when he is sad, almost know what he is thinking half the time. I am a junior him. Well, minus and plus a few parts. With Emily, I think I know her too. Maybe it is just because I am with her all the time and she is still young, I hope the bond never goes away, but being a daughter I know it will in time.


My goal is to be a cool mom. I want to be the one my child opens up to about school, friends, boys, etc. I want to be respected and admired. I hope that she always trust me. I love my mom so much but I didn't open up to her and now that I try...well the world revolves around my daughter now, not me. It is a cycle isn't it?

No comments: