Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Emily's New Bed


Last night was Emily's first night sleeping in a new bed. Yea! I shouldn't be happy about Emily growing up but if you have ever lifted 27 pounds in and out of a crib 2 times a day, you would agree to let her grow... just a little.

It has been hard not lifting her, per doctor orders. The easies thing to do was to go ahead and get her a bed. I have been wanting to save my back the pain but I was going to wait until Christmas but no better time then the present. My husband didn't think she would stay in the bed so we left the crib up until we saw how she did. He was right, Sunday night she cried until she was put in her crib. On Monday she slept in her bed for her nap on Monday and I made such a big deal about it that she actually slept in it Monday night too. YEA, no more lifting!

As long as she continues to do good this week we are going to say goodbye to the crib. I can't wait to reorganize her room. It is amazing how much stuff you and your child can accumulate. Where will we put the crib?

No comments: