Thursday, August 14, 2008


Little Girl Lost

A home was made for you
I felt it grow inside me

The door was open
But you never came in

I dreamt of holding you and seeing your face
but instead it's this part of my life I have to erase

My heart was once full but not anymore
there will always be something missing behind the closed door

I know you would have been a girl without a doubt
And forever in my life you will not be left out

I will remember the day your home was made
And I will remember when it was taken away

I will remember the joy you brought
And all the lessons that were taught

I love you little girl forever and always
But I can't cry anymore I have to wipe my eyes
...and close this door



Michelle Patton
August 13, 2008

2 comments:

Wellspring SC said...

Glad you are doing better.
We love you.
Susan & Ray

Chrissy said...

Beautiful poem! You are so talented. Hope you start to feel better soon.