Saturday, August 30, 2008

Teaching her right

You know you have started raising your child right when you're driving down the road and you hear her in the back seat saying,"mommy, daddy, mimi, papa, mimi, nana, everybody." There was no wondering what she was doing, I knew, she was praying. That is how we end our prayer at night, by thanking and praying for everyone in the family and our friends. It was so sweet that she was praying during the middle of the day, by herself, as we were going down the road. I couldn't believe it. I actually got a tear or two in my eye and a warmth came over me. Maybe she doesn't understand it all but I know God was listening to her and he knows what it all means.
I have always wondered how I would be as a mom. I have to say I have surprised myself. I am more understanding then I thought I would be. I have actually learned to be patient. I still have a lot of work to do but I think I am doing okay. There are those times I get so frustrated, what parent doesn't? I don't like it when Emily fights going to sleep or when she is whinny, says no, or constantly calling my name, however, I am so grateful for it all. You can't get too mad when you hear your little one call you mommy. Think about it, you have waited your life to be a parent and now there is someone to call you mommy. It is actually such a sweet thing to hear, even 100 times a day!

Oh and for all of those keeping up with it. My lab results came back better. My levels are low but I still have to go back on Tuesday to do them again. It is a wonder I have any blood left in me. I have to keep going until the get down to 0. I am not sure what number they are at now but the doctor was pleased they went down, however I was told if I start cramping or bleeding over the weekend to come in. That didn't make me feel any better, but I assume they have to tell everyone that!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

That is so precious!!! Children amaze you sometimes.